Are you a Parent or Family Member of an individual who is receiving special education services and supports in the public school system in Georgia?
GaDOE needs your help to ensure the best education for your child. Please complete the 2015 Annual Parent Satisfaction Survey for Georgia Families Raising a Student with a Disability. Responses will be accepted through May 31, 2015.
Are you a Parent, Family Member, or a Self-Advocate impacted by disability in Georgia?
The State Advisory Panel for Special Education (SAP) is now accepting applications for new members for 2015-2016. The SAP advises the Georgia Department of Education Divisions for Special Education Services and Supports on the provision of special education and related services for students with disabilities.
Applicants must be a resident of Georgia, at least 18 years of age, a high school graduate and meet criteria in at least one of the following categories:
• Individuals with disabilities
• Parents/Guardians of a child with a disability age birth to 26
• Teachers of students with disabilities (regular education and special education)
• Educational administrators
• Representatives of institutions of higher education that prepare special education and related services personnel
• Administrators of programs for children with disabilities
• Representatives of other state agencies involved in the financing or delivery of related services to children with disabilities
• Representatives of private schools and public charter schools
• Representatives of a vocational, community, or business organization concerned with the provision of transition services to children with disabilities
• Representatives from the State juvenile and adult corrections agencies
• Representatives of state and local agencies, including officials who carry out activities of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act
• Representatives of state child welfare agency responsible for foster care.
Applications for membership are being accepted through April 1, 2015.